Wednesday, March 24, 2010

How I Feel About Becoming a Writing Tutor

As someone who truly enjoys writing, I am looking forward to becoming a writing tutor this session. While I have tutored in the past, my tutoring has never been at the college level and has never had such importance attached to it. I feel confident that I can serve as a great resource to my fellow students and help them to realize their potential and become improved writers. My career goal is to become a creative writing professor at the undergraduate level so I am definitely psyched about learning about tutoring writing, even though we won't be doing much, if any work in the creative writing realm. My personal experience of having had difficulty with the ACT exam and having taken ENC101 which included ACT preparation allows me to relate to the struggles of the tutees and will further serve in my future tutoring sessions.

After having observed an actual tutoring session last night, I feel even more excited about becoming a tutor. I feel like it is something that is well within my abilities and will be a rewarding part of my growth as both a student and future professor. I can only hope that I can live up to the expectations of the tutees and truly help them not only pass the ACT but also to have them feel confident about their writing, not only when it comes to English but all courses.

1 comment:

  1. Alan, you're doing excellent work here. I'm thrilled to hear you want to teach Creative Writing! We have more in common than I realized! So far, it seems you have what it takes to make it through grad school. & your ENC 101 expereince will be very helpful to your tutee this semester. Keep up that great work.

    ReplyDelete